"A. Escape"
hits
hits
about me
AGNES!
2nd August
19teen
Leo
TP
This is a blog for UIR =D

music
NewS - Weeeek

scream it

soul mates
DARYL
Daryl's Site Feed

FARAH
Farah's Site Feed

TIAN XIANG
Tian Xiang's Site Feed

XIAO HUI
Xiao Hui's Site Feed

ASAPH
Asaph's Site Feed

past escapes
May 2008

resources
X X X
Monday, May 19, 2008
Internet Search Facilities (Practical 4 & 5)

In Practical 4 & 5, we were told to work on internet search facilities.
Based on my research topic, I need to choose relevant keywords to search for.
The keywords that I chose are: 'Impact', 'Computer', 'Crimes', 'Businesses'.
and I listed variations to my keywords:
'Impact' - Effects
'Computer' -
'Crimes' - Offenses
'Businesses' - Commerce, Industries
Then i came out with the search phrases that included the keywords and variations as identified....

(Impact OR Effects) AND (computer) AND (crime OR offenses) AND ((businesses) OR (commerce) OR (industries))

My search process was recorded in this table below:


I think the search engine and meta engine is more useful as it seems to be providing me with websites that are more related to my search.
I will rank the 3 accordingly like this
  1. Search Engine
    • Very useful, huge size of hits as compared to the other two, results are related to search
  2. Meta Search Engine
    • Useful, results are related to search
  3. Subject Directory
    • Results are not very near to what i want.
The best thing that I learned from this practical is about the Booleans. I really think that enhanced my search a lot!


another hit by agnes
9:20 PM