"A. Escape"
hits
hits
about me
AGNES!
2nd August
19teen
Leo
TP
This is a blog for UIR =D

music
NewS - Weeeek

scream it

soul mates
DARYL
Daryl's Site Feed

FARAH
Farah's Site Feed

TIAN XIANG
Tian Xiang's Site Feed

XIAO HUI
Xiao Hui's Site Feed

ASAPH
Asaph's Site Feed

past escapes
May 2008

resources
X X X
Friday, May 23, 2008
Talkingcock.com

During class for practical today, we were told to visit the website, talkingcock.com and evaluate it. They actually have a lot of humourous events and talks about recent issues happening. In fact, almost everything happening in Singapore, they can comment and make fun of it. They are really very "HAPPENING"! They even have a video up on youtube, which shows a "theme song for Singapore". The common language used there has definitely got to be Singlish.


This is their talkingcock main page.

Photobucket
The recent Mas Selamat issue has also been taken into consideration as a laughing stock.

IF I were to be a Singapore's Prime Minister,
I will feel rather unhappy about it, but cannot really do anything about it as the website is not registered under ".sg". I might not be able to fully understand and put myself in their own shoes as i might not have gone through what they have. And thinking is that the only way they can express themselves? And also think of ways to resolve this issues.

IF I were to be a Singaporean,
I will think that the way they project themselves is funny and cranky. And I will be able to understand and get into their situation immediately and easily. I might even invite my friends to visit and laugh at it together. I think its a medium to let people vent their unhappiness and yay "Freedom of speech".

IF I were to be a Foreigner working / studying in Singapore,
I think the website will actually give me an bad impression of Singapore, like why since you are a Singaporean and yet you are making jokes out of your own people. I might actually just "judge a book by its cover". What I meant is take the image of one for all the rest.

I think the website is sustainable to a certain extent. But actually maybe people who view it, shouldnt take it too seriously. Just laugh it off and throw it behind your mind.


another hit by agnes
12:47 PM